Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Grail: Sun-kissed face, without the sun.

I thought I'd squeeze in a little lunch post and let y'all in on a little secret of mine, and it seemed especially fitting with my previous skincare post along with the change in the weather and these absolutely beautiful Texas days.

As I said last night I have a scar on my face, so any type of sun exposure is just not okay.. period. Frankly it should be that way for everyone but who am I kidding, one of my instant self-esteem boosters is a good tan. I highly suggest using sunscreen when achieving this tan but I will be the first to admit that I occasionally fake bake (I know I know, it's horrible and it is a habit I am trying to break, and when I say occasionally I really mean rarely but I can't lie and say I never do it). However when I do my face has to be COMPLETELY covered, and not just with a towel but with a really awesome bonnet type contraption that I'm sure is super attractive, good thing no one sees me.

Even when I am laying out in the summer I do my best to layer on the baby sunscreen (100+ SPF) and cover my precious blonde locks and face with a fedora or cowboy hat, yeah I'm Texan. I tend to tan easily so this becomes quite a problem when my face is whiter than the snow and my body looks like I just got back from a week long stay in the Bahamas. But do I panic knowing I could do a duet of ebony and ivory all alone? No. Because here comes this HOLY GRAIL product of mine:


This does not at all irritate my sensitive skin. I just mix a little bit in with my morning moisturizer and I instantly look like a normal human again. You must however wash your hands after application, I'm sure we have all had a horrible spray tan or self tanner experience but it never hurts to stress the importance of washing off the potential disaster that is over bronzed hands.

I would suggest getting a sample during your next Sephora trip, it'll change your life and keep your face bronzed, beautiful and free of sun damage! Win win!

xoxo, Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS FREAKIN' BLOG!!!! I used to have one that I totally forgot about - you have inspired me! I gave you a shoutout in a post I wrote because I think this is fabulous! - Ashley Porter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest thing, and the coolest thing since sliced bread. Please come back to Dallas, I miss your beautiful face.. that's all.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Alina, just checked out your blog.. it is fabulous! I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete